Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Zaatar Spice and Tahini Sauce– a healthy vegan side dish bursting with Middle Eastern flavor. Easy and delicious! Inspired by feastingathome.com
Whole roasted cauliflower with tahini sauce
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon zaatar spice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Batch TAHINI SAUCE
- Garnish with fresh herbs parsley , dill and or mint, sprinkle with optional aleppo chili flakes, drizzle with this optional Tahini sauce!
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Trim the cauliflower – either cutting off the stem (easier) or leaving it intact, trimming and slicing the bottom so it stands up strait.Trim the cauliflower – either cutting off the stem (easier) or leaving it intact, trimming and slicing the bottom so it stands up strait.
- Place it in an oven proof skillet. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil all over the cauliflower, sprinkle with salt and Zaatar spice. Pour one cup of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45-55 minutes. Smaller cauliflowers heads will take 45 minutes. Use your best judgement. ?
- Make the Everyday Tahini Sauce!
- Very carefully take the foil off, minding the hot steam (it will burn!). Drizzle with a little more olive oil, place back in the oven for 30 minutes, perhaps rotating halfway through. At this point it should be deeply golden, but if not, continue roasting until it is, another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh herbs, optional aleppo chili flakes, and either drizzle the tahini sauce over the whole thing right in the pan, or cut it up, like a cake, into wedges and serve the tahini sauce on the side.